27 August 2015

Where is the update?

You can see how lazy I am from the frequency of my blog update. I have missed out on May, June & July update of my portfolio. Well, I have too many excuses to list out but ultimately it is just the laziness in me that is preventing me from doing the regular update, haha.

Anyway during this period, I am spending lots of my time on my various hobbies, and spending some bit of money too. I have not been trading much, even for short term trading. Had bought a few stocks to add into my portfolio. Recent trending down in the market has provided many price attractive entries for me. Of coz when I thought the price is right and buy the share, the price just goes further down. My whole portfolio is actually in red now but does that bother me? To be honest, yes, it does, who is not? But it only bothers me for that few seconds. One won't know when it is the best time to buy, everyone would like to buy low and sell high, isn't it? Anyway I am buying to keep them for long term, so the market swing should not bother me much and I am not suppose to check the pricing daily, haha. I will just try to buy some and average down my stocks buy in pricing and wait for dividends to come in.

I have a fellow colleague who is badly affected by recent market performance. Dare not ask him too much unless he shares with me. I suspect he may not have the holding power to wait for the stock price to recover, if it happens, from what he had shared with me so far. He is more into short term trading type I guess, didn't really ask him much as I don't really like to talk about trading with others since I am not the expert anyway. I also won't know how they will digest the info from me. I had a bad experience with one of my ex-colleagues many years back when I shared with him my thought on one of the shares that I was monitoring then. He actually went on to trade on it based on what I had shared. I didn't trade it as my thought on it changed after that. We didn't manage to talk about it and hence I also didn't share with him my latest update. Next I know is that he made quite a big loss on that trade. He told me about it but not to blame me as he understand that one is to be responsible for their own trading but it really make me feel very bad about it. Since then I have avoided talking about trading with anyone. I always tell my friend, I don't really read those share analysis that I always receive in my email, because the analysis is as good as the word formed with the first 4 letters of the word itself, so it is just the same logic for my own analysis, hehe :P

Ok, enough of bs from me. I will share my portfolio update again in my next posting. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment