09 October 2014

My Humble Start To Stocks Keeping

Since beginning of this year, I have begin to start tracking, buying and keeping stocks to have a better returns on my saving than just putting my money with the banks. Have been lazy in taking this first step which I think most of us should learn and do it as early as possible. Even starting this blog with its first posting also took me few weeks!

Going to use this blog to track my humble start in this journey and also to show others that it is never too late to learn to manage our money better. But well, who knows how far this blog can go, right? And who knows how far my plan can progress too. Laziness is both my weak and strong point. Have been putting aside many plans that I want to carry out but being lazy also help to make me 'think out of the box' in my work place as I will always think and look for ways to complete my tasks in the shortest time, with least effort and with best outcome.

I'm trained in engineering field, so forgive me for my poor command of English, I'm weak in languages. Whatever thinking or analysis that I have applied in my trading is all self taught, in some ways I have learn it in a hard way in term the losses I had, haha, who don't? I have learn to keep it simple since then, managed to make some money but find it too time consuming, laziness kicks in you see. One just can't understand why I would be lazy over money! No wonder I am still a poor man. Therefore keeping stocks for long term gains, like collecting the dividends, should be simple enough for me I think. 

Currently my stock portfolio only has 4 stocks with 1 lot each, a small start for me.

Stock
Lots
% of Portfolio
OCBC
1
47.59%
Starhub
1
19.95%
Singtel
1
17.34%
SATS
1
15.12%

Total invested capital is S$20,300.

So why these 4 stocks? OCBC is my current primary saving account due to its promotion interest rate of 3.05% now and it is the cheapest bank stocks out of Singapore big 3 banks. Starhub & Singtel are stocks that I have been trading in the past and I have decided to hold them due to good dividends paid out. As for SATS, I bought it in view of the Changi Airport expansion which they may get to be the service provider for the new terminals in the future. Of coz I do consider the past dividends paid out records too.

Some stocks are in my watch list, to be added to my portfolio when the price is right for me. I'm slowly moving some of my fund from other sources for building up my stocks portfolio. Will update my blog monthly or as and when there is any new stocks being added. I think I will also share anything that I find interesting or useful that is worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment