20 October 2014

Min S$50 Withdrawal POSB ATM Disappearing?

Did you notice that those POSB ATM that used to only disperse S$50 notes are disappearing? Recently I notice at least 2 known such ATM having the sign removed, allowing us to withdraw S$10 notes too. It's a good move, POSB!

Picture credit: https://twitter.com/kennyhwx/status/484311713588584448

Previously there are quite a number of complaints on this restriction; to me it is not really a problem but I do like to withdraw S$40 instead of S$50 as I like to have S$10 notes which is more user friendly. You will not get black face from stall owners when you try to pay for a S$1.20 popiah with a S$50 note for an example.

Google results show that this was already in place for some ATM since 2 years back:


Sometimes I find it weird that such S$50 notes only ATM is located at heartland areas, just like the one I went to moment ago; it is beside a NTUC in a small HDB neighbourhood shop houses area. I do not think there are many people who would withdraw large amount of money from this ATM at this location. Can't remember when it was converted but the queue was long before that and after having this restriction in place, the queue was gone; something good for those who hate queuing but inconvenient for me sometime when I need to withdraw money to buy stuff at that area but face the problem of having only a S$50 note and using it to pay for items less than S$5, paiseh for passing the inconvenience to others.

Glad that POSB is taking note of the feedback from the public and remove this restriction for those few ATM I saw. Not sure if they did any update to customers about this change as I feel that they should do it which will be a good publicity for them, showing that they value customers' feedback. I find that in Singapore, we tend not to admit that sometimes we are wrong and we revert back after that. We will find some other excuses to explain for the reverting action instead of just simply admit that what we did is not as good as what we thought, maybe face is more important?

No comments:

Post a Comment